Score 45 out of 50 in Paper-1
Keep reading this page on how to score 45/50 in Paper 1 and maximize overall score (Reading time 2 minutes).
Almost everyone score 70-75% in Paper-1. Then we blame score of Paper-2 for our “poor overall score” or “missing JRF”, because we believe we did great in Paper 1 by scoring 70%. So we do everything to improve our score in Paper-2, exam after exam, year after year, without any significant results. But is it smart strategy?
Please note that Paper-1 is “Predictable” and Paper-2 is “Unpredictable”. If we score 70-75% in Paper-1, then we are NOT doing a good job. With little smartness and hardwork, we should be getting 90-95% in Paper-1. This is the sure shot way (and probably the only way) of getting overall score above 70% and getting JRF qualified.
So, what is this “little smartness and hardwork”, which can get us 90-95% in Paper 1 ?
The Syllabus for Paper 1 (given at bottom of this page) is quite vast. So which Books or Study Material should we refer to? How do I get online mock practice tests ? What about Current Affairs?
Human Peritus team has designed a 3 Component Preparation Plan, which will get you 45/50 with just 10-15 Days preparation.
Component 1: You will get 3 Printed Booklets, with 80-90 pages each. You will finish entire syllabus with this concise content.
Component 2: Next you will get access to our online test platform (hp.examonair.com) , which has all previous years’ questions from 2009 to 2018. But then. these questions are anyway publicly available. What is contribution of Human Peritus here? We did two things.
First, (and this is Super Exciting), each question has detailed explanation. The objective of this is not to “assess” you but make you “learn” while doing questions. Check out few sample explanations/answers by downloading free PDF of Study Material Clicking Here. Now imagine yourself going through explanations of 1000 such questions (equivalent to 400 pages of content). We confidently claim that you will not find such “easy to understand” and “detailed” quality content in any book/material in country. By doing this, you will become so confident that no question will appear unfamiliar to you in actual exam. This is most valuable component of preparation plan.
Second, Questions are bucketed topics wise. Thus you get flexibility to extra focus/ignore one or more types of questions. Do more learning, only in those areas, where you feel the need.
Component 3: Next, we will provide you 5 fresh Practice Mock Tests, created by Human Peritus Team. You will attempt on same online platform, just like real NTA exam in Dec 2018.
If you go through these 3 Components with us, You are ready to Score 45/50 in Paper 1. Please note that you need NOT refer any other book or previous year Papers. Nothing else. Rather, preparation time saved here, may be leveraged for maximizing your score in Paper-2.
This Package is available for a price of Rs 4400.
Do not forget to check out 4 Important Preparation Tips to maximize your score in Paper 1 Click Here
Five (5) Reasons, why you should prepare with Human Peritus:
- We will make you score 45/50 in Paper 1 with just 10-15 days preparation.
- The content is updated. You will find latest developments on Higher Education, Renewable Energy and other topics etc.
- Our approach with Questions is to not only “assess” but also “teach” a concept with every question.
- The Package is result of years of research of our expert team. This is the reason, why so many questions appear in exam from our content.
- You need not study any other book, not even previous years’ papers. We have taken care of everything.
Still, If you have any queries for us, reach out to us through Contact Us (given below).
How to order the material
Paper-1 Package: Rs 4400
- 3 Booklets for Paper-I (Printed)
- Question Bank with Detailed Explanation – (Online Access)
- 5 Fresh Paper-1 Practice Tests (Online Access)
Before your Order the Material…….
- Printed material is couriered at your home.
- Access to Online Test Platform is provided within 3 working days from Date of Online Payment or Acceptance of Cash on Delivery (we will share username/password). The URL is hp.examonair.com
- There are no discounts (Please do not ask for it)
- You can order by either (1) Paying Online or (2) through Cash on Delivery.
- PAY ONLINE: You can Pay Online by clicking on above Green Button.
- CASH on DELIVERY : Please email following 6 details at email@example.com (1) Name (2) Mobile Number (3) Email ID (4) Delivery Address (5) Pincode (6) Your Subject (Paper 1).
- Cash on Delivery, CoD is available for selected towns (Pincodes) only. Check below to see if your PinCode is eligible for CoD.
- Once ordered, we will dispatch the material same evening and email DTDC courier tracking number by next morning. Delivery time is 2-5 days (48 hours for Delhi NCR).
- Only for Delhi NCR Locations: You can visit our office in Sector 39, Gurgaon and check the material before buying. Our representative will allow you to open the packet and examine the study material for 5-20 minutes. If you do not like it, return the packet. No questions asked.
Call us at 97177 81110
We may miss some of your calls, but always reply to email within 24 hours
Review of Human Peritus (as emailed to us)
We, at Human Peritus, believe in transparency. These reviews have been copy pasted from the emails, that we have received from the students. We can not share contact details for privacy reasons. But if you are too eager to check authenticity of these reviews, please meet us in Delhi/Gurgaon and we will show you (1) Email from the student (2) Date on which the student purchased our study material (3) Proof of Payment made during purchase.
Safal teaches in number of B Schools after a successful stint at an American Bank before moving to management teaching and research. Safal has done flagship MBA program from IIM calcutta. Safal is content head and faculty member at Human Peritus
Nitesh is responsible for content and program delivery. He is MBA from FMS Delhi and B Tech from IIT. Nitesh has cracked and has good expertise in clearing prestigious entrance exams like IIT JEE, NTSE, GMAT, FMS, IIFT. He was all India rank One in FMS entrance exam.
Vivek contributes in content creation at Human Peritus. Vivek has long experience in advising students on cracking entrance exams. He was north India topper in CAT 2005 with 99.99 percentile. Vivek is MBA from IIM Bangalore and B Tech from PEC Chandigarh.
Saumya is faculty at Human Peritus. UGC NET qualified and MBA from Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune. She is expert in OB, Human Resources Management and Labour Welfare. She also leads marketing and administration at Human Peritus.
Detailed Strategy for Paper-1
Topic wise Strategy for Paper 1
Our expert team has prepared our own content after analyzing syllabus and previous years’ question and then identified many insights. For example, we have covered topic of Natural Hazard in 2 Pages, but One Question will appear almost every time from this. Similarly we repeatedly see One Question from India’s renewable energy target of 227 GW by 2022.
The Strategy for scoring 45/50 in 10 Syllabus topics (each will 5 questions in exam) is listed below:
1. Teaching Aptitude: With our material you can target 4/5 correct.
2. Research Aptitude: There is little unpredictability on expected questions, with our material and you can score 5/5.
3. Reading Comprehension: You must target 5/5. The difficulty level is not high.
4. Communication: You can target 4/5 for this section.
5. Reasoning (Including Mathematical): With our material, you can target 3/5 for this section. Be careful that, you do not waste time in the exam, if you are unable to solve any question in less than 2 minutes.
6. Logical Reasoning: You can score 5/5 with our booklets. There is very high predictability, in the kind of questions asked.
7. Data Interpretation: You can target 5/5 for this section, if you allot 10 minutes for 5 questions. It means you have to squeeze time elsewhere. You have to target solving questions in section 1, 2, 4, 8, 9 and 10 at rate of less than One Minute per Question.
8. Information and Communicating Technology (ICT): You can target 3/5 from this section.
9. People and Environment: Score of 4/5 is achievable in this, using our content. Generally there is perception that, this section includes Current Affairs. And thus students start referring notes of Civil services for “Environment” topic. But after analyzing previous questions, we have found that the questions are asked from very specific content.
10. Higher Education System: 1-2 questions are from Polity, for which you need to prepare 200-300 pages of Indian Constitution. It is better not to spend any effort in preparing for this topic, as ROI is low. 3-4 Questions are from Indian Education System (there is focus on current developments by MoHRD/UGC), out of which 2-3 can be easily targeted with our Study Material.
Thinking, what is change in UGC NET with arrival of NTA. We advise you to read through Click this blog on Time Management Strategy for Exam Day (Dec 2018). This is very Important.
Some of you might think, what is so special about Human Peritus? There are plenty of Books for Rs 200-400 on Flipkart/Amazon.
Get hold of any such book. Download any previous year paper (Previous Year Papers are available on CBSE/UGC website). Try to map, how many questions are explained in the given Book. You will find not more than 10-15 questions.
Even we, at Human Peritus, can not take you to 50/50, but we have understood the path to take you to 42-45 after analyzing papers of many years. With our “Concise & Targeted Study Material” you can target 42-45 with us.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
I. Teaching Aptitude
Teaching : Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements; Learner’s characteristics; Factors affecting teaching; Methods of teaching; Teaching aids; Evaluation systems.
II. Research Aptitude
Research : Meaning, characteristics and types; Steps of research; Methods of research; Research Ethics; Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium; Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
III. Reading Comprehension
A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
Communication : Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication.
V. Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
Number series; letter series; codes; > Relationships; classification.
VI. Logical Reasoning
Understanding the structure of arguments; Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning; Verbal analogies : Word analogy — Applied analogy; Verbal classification.
Reasoning Logical Diagrams : Simple diagrammatic relationship, multidiagrammatic relationship;
Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning.
VII. Data Interpretation
Sources, acquisition and interpretation of datag. ‘P Quantitative and qualitative data; > Graphical representation and mapping of data.
VIII. Information and Communicating Technology (ICT)
ICT : meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses; > General abbreviations and terminology; > Basics of internet and e-mailing.
IX. People and Environment
People and environment interaction; Sources of pollution; Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources;
Natural hazards and mitigation
X. Higher Education System : Governance Polity And Administration;
Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India; formal and distance education; professional/technical and general education; value education: governance, polity and administration; concept, institutions and their interactions.