UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner Exam 2017- Books & Study Material
Next UPSC ALC exam is expected to be held in late 2018 or early 2019. It is expected that the number of seats in next exam will be approx 20-25.
Before jumping to How Human Peritus will support you in cracking UPSC ALC exam, let us spend few minutes in understanding nature of this exam based on 2017 and 2015 exams:
(1) Labour Acts: In Nov 2017 exam, Out of total 120 questions, 67 questions were from 14-15 Labour Acts. In 2015 exam, this number was 45. It is most annoying to remember each line of these acts, considering the language in which they are usually written. But this is deal breaker section. You can score very high, because there is nothing conceptual. You just have to remember, what is written. No thinking to be done. To make it easier, our team has compiled all laws in one Booklet of 105 pages, with easy language. In Nov 17 exam, 59 questions (out of 67) were from this single booklet by Human Peritus.
(2) HRM and OB: 8 questions were from Human Resources and Organizational Behaviour in Nov 2017. In 2015 exam, there were 10 questions. Moderate level of difficulty. We have prepared two booklets for this (one with 48 pages and other with 90 pages).
(3) Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations, Natural Justice: 15 questions from these topics in 2017 exam, while there were 20 questions in 2015 exam. Our experts have been working on these topics for last 7 years and know every possible question that can be created. With our one booklet of 72 pages, will make you score at least 75% in this section.
(4) Indian Constitution: 10 questions were from Indian Constitution in 2017 exam. In 2015 exam, there were 25 questions. The questions are not like Civil Services exam, where you need to have conceptual understanding/interpretation. Moderately Difficulty but again no thinking to be done. Just remember, what is written in Constitution. Two options are there to get more than 80% correct, One is to read through 500 pages of Laxmikanth or Second is 130 Pages of our Booklet.
(5) Mathematical Aptitude: 10 question in 2017 exam and 15 questions in 2015 exam. Simple mathematical aptitude questions (Bank PO level). The challenge is not that you do not know how to solve. The challenge is that you are not able to solve in given time (1 minute per question). Thus we have to save time somewhere else so that you can allocate 2-3 minutes for each question. This way, no one can stop you from getting more than 80% correct in this section. We have one booklet of 120 pages for practice questions.
(6) Current Events: 10 questions in 2017 exam and 5 questions in 2015 exam. Do not put in any effort in preparing for this. Marginal rewards of efforts required are not worth it. Ignore it.
Then, we have created 12 Test Papers (75 Questions each) on Labour Laws, HRM, Organizational Behaviour, Management Theories, Labour Welfare, Industrial Relations, Natural Justice, Trade Union. These 12 Test Papers are NOT merely for practice. There are two very clear objectives:
- First, you will find many questions appearing in exam from these test papers. Every question is important and has high probability of appearing in actual exam Make sure that you spend good quality time in analyzing Answers and Detailed Explanations. Keep Learning Concepts, while analyzing.
- Second (very very important objective of these 12 tests), we expect you to build speed to a level where you are able to complete 75 Questions in 37.5 minutes i.e. 30 seconds for each question. The minutes saved here, may be used for Mathematical Aptitude questions. This is Important.
With this approach, you can easily Score 80-85 out of 120.
It is very critical to score high in written exam only. One reason is that the competition will be high for this coveted job. Second reason is that UPSC interviews are unpredictable. We want you to secure your seat with high score in written, so that even if you screw up in Interview, you are IN. Start preparing NOW for this coveted Group A Officer job of UPSC.
Syllabus of UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner Exam
1. Labour Welfare.
2. Social Work and Social Security Laws.
3. Industrial Relations.
4. Human Resource development.
5. Principles of Natural Justice.
6. Trade Union Act.
7. Trade Union Movement.
8. Labour Laws.
a. Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
b. Payment of Wages Act, 1936.
c. Minimum Wages Act, 1948
d. Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970.
e. Child Labour (P & R) Act, 1986.
f. Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
g. Building & Other Construction Workers (RE & CS) Act, 1996.
9. Current Events.
10. Constitution of India.
11. General Mental Ability.