UPSC Assistant Labour Enforcement Officer Exam Study Material
UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner Exam Study Material
The exam will be held on 25 Nov 2017.
Before jumping on to the preparation strategy, let us understand nature of this exam. Our Subject Expert Team has analyzed Syllabus and Last Year Papers:
- Out of total 120 Questions, 45 Questions are from 16 Labour Acts. It is most annoying to remember each line of these acts, considering the language in which they are usually written. But this is deal breaker section. You can score 40-42 out of 45, because there is nothing conceptual. You just have to remember, what is written. No thinking to be done.
- 10 questions from HRM, Org Behaviour. Moderate level of difficulty. You can target 5-6 out of 10.
- 20 questions are from Labour Welfare, Industrial Relations, Natural Justice, Trade Union.
- 25 questions from Indian Constitution. The questions are not like UPSC, where you need to have conceptual understanding/interpretation. Moderately Difficulty but again no thinking to be done. Just remember, what is written in Constitution. Two options are there to get 20/25 right, One read through 500 pages of Laxmikanth or Second is 130 Pages of Booklet from Human Peritus.
- 15 questions from Mathematical Aptitude- Very simple mathematical aptitude questions. The challenge is not that you do not know. The challenge is that you are not able to solve in given time (1 minute per question). Thus we have to save time somewhere else so that you can allocate 3 minutes for each question. This way, no one can stop you from getting 10-12 correct out of 15.
- 5 questions from Current Events- Do not put in any effort in preparing for this. Marginal rewards of efforts required are not worth it. Ignore it.
- Very very important We expect you to build speed to a level where you are able to complete 75 Questions in 37.5 minutes i.e. 30 seconds for each question. The minutes saved here, may be used for Mathematical Aptitude questions. This is Important.
It is very critical to score high in written exam only. One reason is that the competition will be high for this coveted job. Second reason is that UPSC interviews are unpredictable. We want you to secure your seat with high score in written, so that even if you screw up in Interview, you are IN.
Based on these insights, our subject expert team at Human Peritus has created highly concise and focused content for this exam. With this package, you can Score 80-85 out of 120 with 30 days of preparation.
Syllabus of UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner Exam
1. Labour Welfare.
2. Social Work and Social Security Laws.
3. Industrial Relations.
4. Human Resource development.
5. Principles of Natural Justice.
6. Trade Union Act.
7. Trade Union Movement.
8. Labour Laws.
a. Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
b. Payment of Wages Act, 1936.
c. Minimum Wages Act, 1948
d. Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970.
e. Child Labour (P & R) Act, 1986.
f. Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
g. Building & Other Construction Workers (RE & CS) Act, 1996.
9. Current Events.
10. Constitution of India.
11. General Mental Ability.